Helping Your Business Navigate The Law
Alexis Brooks formed Brooks Law to provide legal advice and support to small companies, many of which are owned and operated by women. In addition to helping business owners form their companies and review, draft and negotiate agreements, she advises on hiring and compliance needs and brings together resources and external advisors on an as-needed basis.
Prior to practicing business law, she gained product marketing and licensing experience at large corporations and developed a skill set which has served to bridge the corporate and legal worlds. While in school, she served as a law intern at Morrison, Mahoney & Miller and at the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Civil Division, in Boston. She is a member of the Connecticut Bar, and is active in the Connecticut Bar Association, the Fairfield County Bar Association, the business law section of the American Bar Association and has provided pro bono services for the Children’s Center for Advocacy and Lawyers for Children.
She graduated with a B.A. from Penn State University and a J.D. from Suffolk University Law School. Alexis lives in New Canaan, Connecticut with her husband and three children.
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 2003
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Distinguished Oral Advocate Award, 1st Year Oral Argument Section Competition
- Honors: Research Assistant, Professor Charles Rounds, Jr., author of Loring: A Trustee's Handbook
- Penn State University
- B.A. - 1993
- Major: International Politics
- Center for Children's Advocacy, 2016 to Present
- DiRusso & Brooks Law Group, LLC, Partner
- Connecticut Bar Association
Current Employment Position
- Business and Commercial Law
- Contract Law
- Legal Services for Female Entrepreneurs